Topic: Kevn’s Red Danalectro

Been awhile since some gear talk. Has anyone played the  Danalectro version of a Mosrite? I try to listen at shows but I just can’t tell how much it sounds like his red Mosrite. I listen on YouTube as well but unless you hear it person it’s hard to tell. But at the same time he replaced the pickups with humbuckers and I don’t know what kind they are. I was considering getting a black one.

Re: Kevn’s Red Danalectro

I dunno. I imagine the humbuckers on Kevn’s Danelectro sound more bass-heavy and louder than the single-coils on the Mosrite. Those have a distinctive sound, I think.

Of course, the pickups on Kevn’s Dan appear to be aftermarket. Don’t those come stock with a single-coil in the neck and a humbucker made out of lipstick pickups in the bridge?

buell wrote:

I dunno. I imagine the humbuckers on Kevn’s Danelectro sound more bass-heavy and louder than the single-coils on the Mosrite. Those have a distinctive sound, I think.

Of course, the pickups on Kevn’s Dan appear to be aftermarket. Don’t those come stock with a single-coil in the neck and a humbucker made out of lipstick pickups in the bridge?

That's correct Buell!

I heard it at a show last year in Sanford, Fl and didn't think it sounded good at all, but that was right when he got it and it was a bit of an off night. At least at the start of the show. He may have gotten it dialed in a bit more at this point. But at that show it didn't sound as good as the Epi he's been playing for the last few years, much less like one of the old Ventures IIs or the Blues Bender he user to roll with. I can certainly understand why he doesn't tour with the Mosrites anymore though.